Where to Locate The Best Possible Car Accident Lawyer
When you’re injured in a car accident, according to auto body shop Toronto companies, it’s imperative to look through the slew of car accident lawyers in your area. Sources to use: Yellow Pages, Internet, friends and family. After all, every personal injury attorney is different, and choosing the wrong company could cost you a
significant amount of money. The sum you get will depend on the seriousness of your injury.
15 Questions to Ask to Identify The Best Possible Car Accident Lawyer
Have the initial consultation with personal injury lawyer. In the initial conversation (known as a consultation), he/she will hear what you have say in about the car accident case– facts and other circumstances. This is the time for you to ask them questions. Learn what you can about the process such as how long it could take and how much the case may be worth. You won’t get a precise fixed amount but you do get an idea. Oh, and this initial consultation should be free!
Questions to ask about track record & experience of your lawyer
1. Is he/she a member of the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association?
2 .Does he/she offer a free consultation and evaluate the case without cost or obligation?
3. How many years has he/her been involved with traffic accident and injury law?
4. Can he/she disclose percentage dedicated to car crash and injury law?
How many cases are he/she currently handling? Does he/she have time to handle my case?
5. Does he/she often go to court or sends somebody else?
6. Can he/she reveal how many trials of traffic accident and injury have been done up till now?
7. Has she/he represented cases with injuries similar to mine in the past?
8. a. When will he/she have a plan about the best way to handle my case?
An experienced lawyer should give an honest assessment about the prospects in the situation. After all, they are the expert, and probably have a feel what outcome to expect.
b. What parts of the case are in our favour? Which ones work against us? What damages can we seek in this case? Which ones are we likely to get?
c. When will he/she have a feel for this case to settle or go to trial?
d. How frequently will attorney contact me and if I want to be in touch will I be able to?
e. How often will you send reports and how detailed will they be?
9. Find out if he/she has ever represented insurance companies. No doubt it could help to understand how they work?
10. If we come to conclusion that insurance company doesn’t propose a reasonable offer, is he/she willing to fight for what is fair?
11. What is the procedure in her/his company: once he/she is hired, will they handle this case personally or shuffle it down to a junior lawyer or clerk?
12. What is the procedure in her/his company: will he/she handle the accident benefit case in addition to my claim for damages?
13. Will he/she refer to investigators and expert witnesses who will help with my type of injury?
14. Will he/she refer to a car accident doctor who can provide treatment for my injuries?
15. Will he/she handle my case on contingency or percentage basis?
Asking these questions, will help you to have a good basis for comparing lawyers and understand what to expect from lawyers once you agree to work with them in your auto accident case.
What are Contingency Fees from the Best Possible Car Accident Lawyer
One of the first things you need to do is get a personal injury attorney; who will take your case on a contingency fee basis as well as any expenses involved with the case.
a. You might be wondering what a contingency fee is. This fee means the attorney you hire won’t get paid unless and until you get money one of two ways:
- Trial verdict
Contingency fees are common in personal injury cases. However, you need to be mindful of the retainer agreement, as there could be hidden costs and fees. The usual contingent fee is about one-third of the recovery, along with any expenses incurred. If the attorney you’re looking to hire asks for more than this amount, you should consider looking elsewhere.
Most lawyers take personal injury lawsuits like car accident cases on a contingency basis. This means they only take their fees if they win your case, but this does not mean you won’t have anything to pay if you don’t win your case. Make sure you ask.
b. What type of expenses? They include:
- Court filing fees
- Attaining medical records
- Expert testimony and report fees
- Deposition costs
The cost of these things depend more on how serious your injury is. It can range from several hundred dollars to more than $10,000. Any attorney who doesn’t want to take a financial chance on your case should be avoided. If he’s not able to afford these costs, then he/she may not be good at their job. If the attorney tells you the gamble is too high or he/she doesn’t think your case is good enough, find an attorney who believes in your case.
Fire Car Accident Lawyer if They’re not Doing Their Job
Just because you hire a personal injury lawyer to take on your case, it doesn’t mean you’re stuck to them. If you need to fire your attorney and attain the help of another one, do it. But, your previous attorney may place a lien on the attorney fees. These fees will cut into the new lawyer’s recovered amount.
According Auto Body Shop Toronto, this is why you need to pick the best possible people when you first start looking. However, if they don’t return your phone calls, communicate properly or stall filing your lawsuit, don’t hesitate to fire them and get someone else.
205 Hilda Avenue #512
North York, ON M2M 4B1